27.1.09

WHERE THE BLOOD OF WHALES

JR - In Eden, near Victoria - Where the blood of whales and seals once flowed as free as a bird - Gushing down town streets - OK maybe not gushing - But all the same ghosts here keep the body from going any further in the sea than knee high - Seems a shark haven - I'd ask a local but my ability to speak appears to have gone AWOL - A silent coon can give you the shivers I suppose - Especially one refraining from the safety of a smile - I doubt I'll stay much longer - Move on after the weekend - In passing I hear that it's the national day soon - That might be Monday then - So will go on after that - Flags are everywhere - Flapping from car windows - Perched on roof tops - Hanging from hotel balconies - Silly flag it seems to me - Looks like Britain with the lights out - Look after yourself - LA