19.4.09

PLEASE OBSERVE ALL PROHIBITIONS

JR - In Eden again, I was lonely like a lighthouse - It was pathetic - Beer only beat me up all the more - And I forgot where my room was real easy like - Until a playground came up in some kind of clearing - And there were swings, and a skate ramp - And a sign that didn't show signs of moving - A few bags of cement at least keeping it firmly in the ground - Reading: PLEASE OBSERVE ALL PROHIBITIONS - And it reminded me of something I'd imagine to see in a prison yard, except maybe it wouldn't have been so polite - No please - Just a simple instruction - And I wondered what the fork and hay I was still doing here in these parched parts - And I wondered where the fork and hay my wife might be - And I wondered what the pitch forking hell I was doing writing postcards to a boyhood friend I bumped into one cool crispy day in some small shitty mountain town far, far from home - LA